What other documentation do I have to provide the city?

In addition to completing the application with your business details, the City of Espanola requires documentation that you are following all other state and federal las that relate to your business. Include copies of all applicable permits or licenses with your application. Send current copies with each annual renewal.

All businesses are required to provide CRS Verification. This is from the NM Department of Taxation and Revenue and relates to collection or exemption from Gross Receipts Tax (GRT). Information on obtaining a CRS number and filing GRT can be found on their website http://www.tax.newmexico.gov/Businesses/register-your-business.aspx

Some businesses also require additional licensure/registration or permits from other state agencies. 

The NM Regulation & Licensing Department can assist with licensing documentation for a number of professions and facilities, including contractors, medical professionals, salons, financial institutions, and alcohol sales establishments. More information can be found on their website: http://www.rld.state.nm.us/boards/Get_Licensed.aspx

Certain businesses handling food, impacting air or water quality, or creating certain waste materials need permits form the NM Environment Department. Details are on their website: https://www.env.nm.gov/permits-and-licenses/

Other industries may need permits from other state or federal departments.  

Show All Answers

1. Who is required to register a business with the City of Española?
2. What if my business is out-of-town but I'm providing goods or services to customers in Espanola?
3. How does the renewal process work?
4. Can I operate a business from my home?
5. What are the details of the fire inspections?
6. What other documentation do I have to provide the city?